Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
At Lake Tekapo Holiday Homes we believe that sustainability is a journey, not a destination.
When you book your stay with us, you can be assured that we appreciate and value our stunning alpine environment. We aim to protect the environment and follow socially sustainable business practices to make a positive and enduring contribution to the Mackenzie District.
Ours is an ever-evolving environmental and sustainable journey:
We are a proud participant of the Tiaki Promise - Care for New Zealand.
We are working towards our Dark Sky Certification.
We are working towards achieving the standards required by the Tourism Industry Association’s Sustainability Commitment.
Our current initiatives
- Introduction of environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Ecostore toiletries and cleaning products in our properties
- Ecostore Refill Station in our reception area
- Implementing recycling initiatives within our business e.g. soap recycling
- Paper packaged amenities e.g. coffee, tea, sugar
- Environmentally sustainable toilet paper
- Compostable rubbish bin liners
- Recyclable milk bottles
- Working towards all LED lights in our properties
- Native planting at our office site