Please read the information below about Lake Tekapo Holiday Homes and how to check in:
- To collect the keys to your holiday home and pay in full, please come to the Lake Tekapo Holiday Homes office at 8 O'Neill Place.
- Our check in office is open from 2pm – 8pm. If you expect to arrive later, please call us on (03) 680 6607 to make late check in arrangements. If we have not been informed of your late arrival there will be a $50 late check in fee.
- If possible, please provide an estimated time of arrival and a New Zealand contact phone number when you make your booking.
- If your booking is made within 12 hours of arrival please contact the office on (03) 680 6607 to ensure we are expecting you.
- Check out is before 10am on the day of your departure.
- Please return the key to the office.
- We accept cash (NZD), eftpos, Visa and Mastercard.
- Credit card transactions incur a bank charge equal to 2% of the total tariff.
1 Night Stay Surcharge
- We accept 1 night stays during non-peak periods but with a surcharge fee of $35 - $50. When you make your booking, under Services, please 'check' the box under Select option indicating you are staying for only 1 Night. Meanwhile, should you fail to tick this option during the booking process, the 1 Night surcharge fee will be added upon your check-in. Thank you.
- Guests may incur a cleaning surcharge of $50 if the home is left in an excessively untidy state. This includes evidence of pets or smoking in the house.
- If damage to property through carelessness is evident after your stay we will charge the cost of repair or replacement back to your credit card. Please report any damage or breakages immediately.
Late arrivals and guest numbers
- If your expected arrival time is after 8pm please inform us so we can make arrangements for you to collect your key.
- A late check in may incur a surcharge of $50 if we have not been informed prior.
- Please inform us of additional guests prior to check in (including all children). We will amend your tariff accordingly.
Please note: Failure to inform us of additional guests or children after you have checked in will result in a penalty charge of 200% of the additional guest rate. We also reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund.
- Cleaning and linen is provided for all bookings. However, we ask that on day of your departure that you wash, dry and put away your dishes leaving the kitchen tidy (or load and start the dishwasher if installed).
- Please separate your rubbish into the bins provided for recycling. Instructions can be found in each house.
Changes to your Booking
- Changes to your booking can be made up to 7 days before your arrival with no charge.
- Changes made within 7 days of your booking will be charged 100% for the first night's stay.
Please note: Availability of changes are not guaranteed. Please call us on (03) 680 6607 to discuss possible changes.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days before your arrival do not incur a cancellation fee.
- If cancelled with less than 7 days before your arrival you will be charged in full for the first night's stay.
- In case of a no-show, you will be charged in full for the first night's stay.
- Please be advised that there is no refund during a multiple-day booking if you decide to shorten your stay after you have checked in.
- Pets are not permitted to stay in any property except Rylee Retreat and Pukeko Palace.
Parties, excessive noise, disruptive behavior
- There are private residents living nearby to every property. Please be respectful and take the noise/music inside at 10.30pm.
- Gatherings, parties and functions may not be held without the permission of Lake Tekapo Holiday Homes.
- Excessive noise, disruptive behaviour or anything unlawful will be dealt with immediately and may result in you being asked to leave the house immediately.